There is a great saying “The person who doesn’t read is no better off than the person who can’t read”. And a marketer who doesn’t read marketing books cannot be named the Marketer.
A lot of new marketing books appear every month and of course, many of them are quite worthless, but that doesn’t mean that every marketing book is that bad.
I personally try to read at least 2 marketing books per month to keep my mind charged with new knowledge or revise something I’ve learned before and need to give it another try.
I know that reading for many people is as painful as climbing a rock with someone sitting on their back, but once you try to schedule your reading, define some certain time per day to read at least 20-30 minutes, then you’ll see that you’re starting to get more fun and better results.
I’m not going to teach you how to start loving reading, I’m going to share with you 7 great marketing books that you have to read in 2019 to become a better marketer and implement some new marketing things into your business to increase your sales.
UnMarketing: Everything Has Changed and Nothing is Different
UnMarketing shows you how to unlearn the old ways and consistently attract and engage the right customers. You’ll stop just pushing out your message and praying that it sticks somewhere. Potential and current customers want to be listened to, validated, and have a platform to be heard-especially online.
With UnMarketing, you’ll create a relationship with your customers, and make yourself the logical choice for their needs. We know you’ve been told to act like other people, talk like other people, and market like all the people, but it is time for you to unlearn everything and start to UnMarket yourself.
UnMarketing includes the latest information on:
- Idea Creation
- Viral Marketing and Video
- Marketing to Millennials
- Transparency and Immediacy
- Ethics and Affiliates
- Social Media Platforming
- Word of Mouth
- Customer Service
- Consumer Advocacy and Leadership.
The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
Whether you’re just starting out or are an experienced entrepreneur, The 1-Page Marketing Plan is the easiest and fastest way to create a marketing plan that will propel your business growth.
In this groundbreaking new book you’ll discover:
- How to get new customers, clients or patients and how to make more profit from existing ones
- Why “big business” style marketing could kill your business and strategies that actually work for small and medium-sized businesses
- How to close sales without being pushy, needy, or obnoxious while turning the tables and having prospects begging you to take their money
- A simple step-by-step process for creating your own personalized marketing plan that is literally one page. Simply follow along and fill in each of the nine squares that make up your own 1-Page Marketing Plan
- How to annihilate competitors and make yourself the only logical choice
- How to get amazing results on a small budget using the secrets of direct response marketing
- How to charge high prices for your products and services and have customers actually thank you for it
The Marketing Book: a Marketing Plan for Your Business Made Easy via Think / Do / Measure
This book brings a sense of humor and a strong dose of practicality to business promotion. It’s a book that’s as practical as the competitive Marketing for Dummies 2018 but more fun to read, with not just to-dos but a conceptual framework as what will no doubt be one of the best marketing books of 2019 and no doubt one of the bestselling marketing books of 2019.
Get Scrappy: Smarter Digital Marketing for Businesses Big and Small
Get Scrappy will help you:
- Demystify digital marketing in a way that makes sense for your business
- Do more with less
- Build a strong brand with something to say
- Find inspiration in unexpected places
- Create relevant and engaging content and promote it via Twitter, Facebook, and other channels
- Integrate strategy and message across touchpoints for a unified brand experience-both online and off
- Spark dialogue with your community of customers
- Measure what matters
The book features frameworks, hacks, tips, idea starters, and more. Get Scrappy is the map you need to take your marketing from good to great.
Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising
A new generation of megabrands like Facebook, Dropbox, Airbnb, and Twitter haven’t spent a dime on traditional marketing. No press releases, no TV commercials, no billboards. Instead, they rely on a new strategy – growth hacking – to reach many more people despite modest marketing budgets.
Growth hackers have thrown out the old playbook and replaced it with tools that are testable, trackable, and scalable. They believe that products and businesses should be modified repeatedly until they’re primed to generate explosive reactions.
This book explains the new rules and provides valuable examples and case studies for aspiring growth hackers. Whether you work for a tiny start-up or a Fortune 500 giant, if you’re responsible for building awareness and buzz for a product or service, this is your roadmap.
Content – The Atomic Particle of Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Content Marketing Strategy
Content – The Atomic Particle of Marketing explores how content functions in the broader framework of all marketing, as well as organizational concerns and IT decision making. It demonstrates the value content brings not only to “owned” media initiatives, such as a company website or blog, but also the essential role content plays in all other marketing initiatives, from social media to advertising to offline channels.
It will enable readers to make the organizational, staffing, tools and process decisions necessary to get content up and running across divisions and organizational silos. Deeply researched and insightful, Content – The Atomic Particle of Marketing is, quite simply, the definitive research-based guide to content marketing.
The Lead Machine: The Small Business Guide to Digital Marketing
In The Lead Machine, you’ll discover a simple, straight-forward method for digital marketing called the BARE Essentials of Digital Marketing.
- Build – How to create a website that turns visitors into customers.
- Attract – What are the three most effective methods for driving highly qualified traffic to your site.
- Retain – How to stay in contact with prospects long after they’ve left your site.
- Evaluate – How to read and analyze your traffic reports so you can constantly improve your marketing and your conversion rates.
Within each section, you’ll discover the secrets of digital marketing, and how to apply them to your own business. You’ll get answers to questions such as:
- How do I increase my website conversions?
- How can I write more persuasive copy that gets people to take action at my site?
- How do I attract more visitors to my site?
- How do I get to the first page of Google?
- How can I come up in local search?
- How can I uncover which words my customers are using at Google?
- Where do I put my best keywords on my web page?
- What are the best plugins for helping me rank higher?
- How can I use social media to drive traffic to my site?
- What are the most effective social media channels for lead generation?
- How much time should I spend on social media?
- How does blogging improve my visibility online?
- How does a podcast help my business?
- How do I create videos for YouTube?
- How do I attract an audience to YouTube?
- How do I get YouTube viewers to visit my website?
- Does Facebook marketing still work?
- How can I prospect for new business on LinkedIn?
- What other social media platforms should I be using?
- How can I use webinars to build my business?
- How do I advertise on Facebook?
- What other social platforms can I advertise on?
- How can I stay in touch with people after they’ve left my site?
- How do I build an email list?
- What other digital marketing can I measure?
- How do I send out mass mailings?
- How do I install Google Analytics?
- Does my business need to be on Twitter?
- How do I find out what pages are most popular on my site?
- How can I find out what keywords are driving the best traffic?
- How can I determine where there are “leaks” on my website?
- How do I know if any of this is working?
If you’ve already read some of the marketing books listed above, you can check the reviews of the books I prepared earlier:
- Superhero Marketing: 5 Things To Learn from Marvel vs DC Book
- Marketing Fishing with Habit-Forming Products
- Lateral Marketing by Kotler
- Negotiations according to Tracy
- Brandwashed: Tricks Companies Use to Manipulate Our Minds and Persuade Us to Buy
While you’re reading the books I will be preparing another list of best marketing books to add to your collection this year. Happy marketing reading!