As promised in Top 10 Power Electronics Events. Part 1 today I will review the remaining power electronics trade fairs, conferences, and exhibitions that make the list of Top 10. I consider all these events as the best industrial platforms for everything concerning power electronics – suppliers and consumers.
Power Electronics exhibition is the only in Russia specialized exhibition of power electronics components and systems for various industries. It is held alongside with the international industrial exhibitions Testing & Control, NDT Russia, ExpoCoating Moscow, PCVExpo, FastTec, and HEAT&POWER: over 15 000 visitors attended all the 8 exhibitions in 2019.
This exhibition is an effective tool to increase sales and to attract new customers from among Russian state and commercial industrial enterprises and resellers operating in the field of electronics, electrical engineering, and instrumentation for various industries and unique opportunity to demonstrate power electronics components and systems in a short time to a wide range of specialists who are interested in purchasing of these products.
Power Electronics Exhibition covers the following topics
ELECTRONICS COMPONENTS AND MODULES
- BJT and Darlington transistors
- Diodes and thyristors
- Fast Recovery Diodes
- IGBT modules
- MOSFET modules
- Power stacks
- Semiconductor Relays
- SIC semiconductors
- Optoelectronic Semiconductor Components
- Integrated Circuits
- Electrical and Magnetic sensors
- Thermal sensors
- Mechanical sensors
SECONDARY POWER SOURCES AND CONVERTERS
Secondary power sources and converters
- Power Supplies AC-output
- Power Supplies DC-output
- DC/DC Converter
- Frequency Converters
- High-Voltage Power Supplies
- Lab. Power Supplies
- Programmable Power Supplies
- Intelligent Power Modules, customized
- Backup Power Supplies
- Uninterruptable Power Supply, UPS Systems
- Charging Devices
- Power Factor Correction ICs
- Voltage Regulator ICs
Power supply and energy storage systems
- Battery Systems
- Battery Testers
- Chemical Current Sources
- Data Line Protectors
- Energy Storage Systems
- Power Conditioners, single-phase
- Power Conditioners, three-phase
- Mains Filter Modules
- Power Factor Correction System
- Isolating Transformers
- Power Line Filters, single-phase
- Power Line Filters, three-phase
- Power Management Systems
- Power Protection Equipment/Fuses
- Voltage Stabilizers
- Electric Brakes
- SMPS Capacitors for High-Frequency Suppression
Constant magnets, magnetic materials, and core accessories
- Core Materials
- Core Parts
- Ferroelectric Ceramic Products
- Hard Ferrite Products
- Permanent-Magnet Products
- Plastic Bonded Magnets
- Soft Ferrite Products
AUXILIARY EQUIPMENT AND COMPONENTS
Components for production automation, digital control devices
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Soft starters
- Frequency Converters
- Servo systems, drives and drive mechanisms
- Control Panels, Displays, Touch Panels
- Electrical devices
- Industrial Computers
- Heat Pipes / Heat Exchangers
- Heat Sinks
- Peltier Elements
- Substrates for Chip Assembly in Modules
- Thermal Compounds
- Thermal Shieldings
- Water Cooling Systems
- Thermal Protectors
- Thermal Switches
Assemblies and subsystems
- Bus Bars and Bus Bar Truncking Systems
- Cable channels
- Automatic Switches for Electrical Shields and Control Cabinets
- Terminals and Terminal Blocks
- Cases, Shields, and Cabinets
- Explosion-proof Shields
- Buttons, switches
- Fixing Clips
- EMC Filters
- Galvanic isolation
- EMC Providing by Computer Engineering and Software
- ESD Protection
Test and measurement
- Automated Test Equipment in Production Line
- Current Meters
- Electro-Magnetic Compatibility, Test Systems
- Energy Consumption Measurement
- Power Meters
- Powerline Measurement Equipment
- Pulse Generators
- Resistance Meters
- Software tools for Test Systems
- Specialized Laboratory Test Equipment
- Voltage Meters
Assembly and installation equipment
- Assembly Tables
- Soldering Stations
- Mounting Equipment and Instruments
- Equipment and Tools for Mounting of Electrical Shields and Control Cabinets
- Equipment and Tools for Transformers Assembling and Repairing
- Wires and Cables Processing Accessories
- Laser Processing and Cutting Equipment
- Marking Equipment
- Prototyping and 3D Printing Equipment
- Design Software
- Simulation Software
- Software for Special Applications
- Software for Production Automation
Power Electronics is held annually in Moscow in October. Together with my team marketing and sales team we participated in this trade fair since the very beginning of the show. Moreover, there is a business program section, where every company has a chance to organize their seminar or presentation. This is truly one of the major power electronics events in Russia and Eastern Europe.
ExpoElectronica is Russia’s largest international exhibition of electronic components, modules, and systems, both in terms of the number and importance of its exhibitors according to Russian National Exhibition Rating 2017-2018 together with ElectronTechExpo.
Electronic components, semiconductors, electromechanical, passive components, printed circuit boards and microcircuits, displays, embedded systems, and much more are represented at the trade show. In 2019, 457 companies from 17 countries participated in the exhibition.
ExpoElectronica 2020 focuses on leading global trends
- Semiconductor components and modules
- Passive components
- Sensors and control devices
- Embedded systems
- Power suppliers
- Automation systems and software
- Electronic devices design and manufacturing services
- Emerging technologies
ExpoElectronica & ElectronTechExpo 2019 in facts&figures
- 457 participants from 17 countries
- 11 674 visitors from 61 regions of Russia
- 450+ kinds of electronic components
- 200+ units of technological equipment
- 45 business program events
- 75 industry experts
Similar to Power Electronics at ExpoElectronica you have a chance to participate in the business program.
Traditionally, ExpoElectronica is a meeting place for leaders in the electronic industry and is held with state support. It is held annually in Moscow in April, however, due to the COVID-19 this year it was postponed till August.
International Trade Fair of Electrotechnics and Electronics Amper Expo is an international trade fair which provides the attendees with illustrations of electrotechnics, electronics, automation, communication, lighting and security technologies, and much more.
Amper takes place annually in Brno in March. In 2020 it was canceled due to the virus pandemic, so the next event is scheduled for middle March 2021.
Besides the trade fair Amper has a very rich conference program. This is what was covered in 2019:
- Electronic Devices and Applications
- Practical Solution for Energy Self-Sufficiency
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and Everything about It
- Smart City in Practice IV – What Can Smart City Offer its Citizens and Industry?
- Testbed for Industry 4.0
- Trends in Electronics
- Urban Energy Management, Energy Performance Contracts, and Best Practice
FORTRONIC POWER is the Italian leading event for demand creation and technology transfer in the high-tech industry. This is an important meeting on technology innovation addressed to managers and entrepreneurs. The forum is the most important South-European trade show dealing with the electronics industry.
For over 15 years, Power Fortronic has been one of the most important European events for industrial electronics. The event, organized in collaboration with Assodel, showcases not only power electronics, but also power, embedded, wireless, IoT technologies. With growing exhibitors and more than 700 visitors in the 2019 edition, the event remains the Italian reference point for manufacturers, distributors, suppliers of electronic production services (EMS), PCBs, and customers.
Power Fortronic is an event for the entire industrial electronics chain, with a focus on electronic components and systems, power semiconductors, thermal management devices, power supplies, connectors and magnetic components, converters, MOSFET, IGBT and power modules, wireless charging, integrated circuits, software and instrumentation for a wide range of applications.
Power Fortronic Topics
- Inverter & driver
- Power supplies
- Energy storage
- Wireless charging
- IGBT, SJ-Mosfet and power modules
- SiC and GaN
- Packaging for high power
- Control unit, algorithms, and platforms
Power Fortronic is an annual event taking place in various cities in Italy, usually held from May to September. Together with ALIGHIERO INTI SAS we presented here Proton-Electrotex power semiconductors portfolio during the last several years.
Techno-Frontier is a specialized exhibition that supports elemental technology and product design in the field of mechatronics and electronics. More than 400 companies and organizations exhibit the latest technological solutions. The show takes place in Tokyo annually in the springtime.
Techno-Frontier, consisting of 10 professional exhibitions, is an ideal place where visitors can get information about the latest technologies in electronics and mechatronics by directly interacting with many engineers in exhibiting manufacturers.
Each clearly-focused exhibition enables the professionals to locate what they need, and the wide range of the products sparks ideas on possibilities of technical coordination.
Techno-Frontier includes the following exhibitions
- MOTION ENGINEERING
- MECHATRONICS TECHNOLOGY
- SENSING TECHNOLOGY
- PARTS DESIGN & PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY
- POWER SYSTEM
- NEXT GENERATION POWER SUPPLY
- BATTERY TECHNOLOGY
- THERMAL ENGINEERING
Techno-Frontier is the best and the only show in Japan for Power Electronics of such a scale.
PEMD specializes in bringing together hundreds of power electronics, machines, and drives specialists from around the world to deliver the latest developments in the technologies and applications of electrical drives, machines, and power electronic systems. This is where academic and industry meet to solve the biggest PEMD challenges from development to application.
Here you can see over 250 technical papers from 47 countries offering a truly unique chance to access worldwide developments and make new connections that could help propel your work/research projects.
This highly popular and sought after conference regularly attracts both industry and academia from a wide range of sectors including:
- Power electronics specialists
- Machines and drives experts
- Suppliers and vendors
- PhD students
Working within a variety of industries such as:
- Power electronics and equipment – including transmission and distribution and renewable generation
- Built environment
PEMD is a world-leading forum for industry and academia to meet, publish results of research and technical advances and share knowledge in the power electronics, machines, and drives community.
Across 3 days and 5 streams, you will benefit from the chance to attend more than 40 sessions of peer-reviewed papers plus thought-leadership keynote presentations in addition to free to attend tutorials and industry briefing sessions.
All of this on top of a host of unrivaled networking opportunities with the leaders of the industry at our sell-out exhibition
PEMD carries a hugely prestigious past and present reputation and is a proven platform to bring together hundreds of power electronics, machines, and drives specialists, from across the globe, showcasing the very latest advances and applications and providing an insight into the technology roadmaps of the components, systems, process and materials that are driving innovation in this sector.
Wide Bandgap Semiconductors are transforming power electronics designs across many applications such as data centers, renewable energy, automotive, and many more. This conference will not only explain why, how, and where this is happening, but also offer the opportunity to meet industry experts, gather information and share knowledge & experiences.
The event is split into 2 major parts
- Networking Event with Industry Experts
- Monday, 14th Dec 2020, starting at 2:00 pm
- At the half-day networking event on Dec. 14, delegates will have the opportunity to meet industry experts, gather information, share knowledge, and network with peers. In the evening there will be a Reception and Get-together.
- Technical Conference with Table-Top Exhibition
- Tuesday, 15th Dec 2020, starting at 9:00 am
- During the full-day technical conference on Dec. 15 attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to make informed decisions on which wide-bandgap materials, platforms, and devices can best serve their requirements in current or upcoming designs.
The conference is being held annually in Munich in December.
And just to sum everything up, I want to say that visiting and participating in power electronics events is still one of the most powerful marketing tools in B2B. It may seem that the expenses might be too big, but in fact you get much more as a result. Do not be afraid to try something new for your business!